To Download and install:
Make sure you have one or more of the following OFX compatible host products on Linux:
Resolve 12.5 or greater Autodesk Flame 2017 or greater Nuke 11 or greater ToonBoom Harmony 12 or greater Fusion Studio 7 or greater Baselight 4.3 and 4.4 only
Quit any host applications that may be running.
If you previously installed an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will just replace it. You should not need to uninstall it first.
For Red Hat or similar: become root and use the rpm shell command to download (354MB) and run the installer:
rpm -Uvh https://cdn.borisfx.com/borisfx/store/sapphire-ofx/SapphireOFX-2020.520-1.0.x86_64.rpm for 64 bit
or download the RPM installer file and install it locally.
Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the RedHat or Ubuntu start menu and select GenArts Sapphire OFX -> Sapphire Online Help (HTML) or (PDF). You can also click on the “Help” button while using any plug-in.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020.52
- Licensing: Improve subscription license handling.
- LensFlare: Shadow working correctly with the undo stack in the Sapphire Lens Flare Designer.
- Resolve: Fixed occasional black frames when returning from Builder and the Preset Browser.
- Linux: Fixed libglade error when installing the Sapphire RPM on Centos 7.2-3; Centos 8.X, and Ubuntu 18.04.
- Linux: Fixed libglade error when running the Sapphire Preset Browser, Sapphire Lens Flare Designer, and Sapphire Effect Builder on Centos 7.2-3; Centos 8.X, and Ubuntu 18.04.
- Transitions: Remove the erroneous “Amount” parameter on many transitions (Eg. HyperPull) when in transition mode.
- Nuke and Fusion: Fixed the offset and wrap for CardFlip and HyperPush transitions.
- Rio: Fix temporal effects.
- Fusion: Enable S_Effect and S_Transition.
- Fixed Deinterlace Auto.
- Resolve: Enable Mocha in Resolve 15.
- Effect Builder: Change Color node default to “Color Only”
- Deinterlace Auto fails to find a pattern on many clips.
- If the Preset Browser is launched multiple times in rapid succession inside the Sapphire Effect Builder, selection may not work in the preset browser. If this happens close the Preset Browser and re-open it.
- Mocha: The Mocha UI does not correctly locate the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire. To use the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire, use the OCIO environment variable to locate said the config file.
- Resolve: Point widgets may respond slowly in Premiere after a Mocha point track has been created.
- Flame: Effects with an internal animation such as MuzzleFlash of Zap may not animate correctly on a constant node. The workaround is to render the constant or animate an unused parameter.
- Baselight: Sapphire 2020 does not yet work with Baselight on Centos 6.4.