The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
For Fusion, please use the OFX version instead.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on Windows.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the Windows installer.
- Either run the installer program from its current location, or save it to disk and then execute it from wherever you saved it. Follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host application, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to Start -> All Programs -> GenArts Sapphire AE -> Online Help (HTML) or (PDF). You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older versions of Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v13. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v13 and want to go back to an earlier version you should first uninstall v13.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020.52
- Sapphire Effect Builder: Fixed an error where opening old projects with S_Zap or S_WarpDrops inside an instance of S_Effect would result in a blank project inside Builder. Note: This is a partial fix. When first opening an old project with S_Effect, you may still see a “Parsing failed” error. The workaround when this error happens is as follows:
- Inside the S_Effect generating the error, click on “Edit Effect”. This will cause S_Effect to re-read the node graph.
- If Sapphire Effect Builder loads with a nodegraph, click OK to return to the host.
- The Effect should now work correctly back in the host.
- Sapphire Effect Builder: Fixed a sporadic crash when launching Builder with a large preset.
- Sapphire Preset Browser: Updated the Preset Browser to apply the OpenColorIO colorspace to the preset thumbnails.
- Sapphire Flare Designer: Improved the UI behavior around the “Preview Shadow Element” and “Shadow Parameter” buttons.
- Sapphire Flare Designer: Improved the “Insert Flare” behavior when shadows are involved. If the flare being inserted has a shadow, that shadow will be used instead of the existing shadow. If the flare being inserted has no shadow, the existing shadow will be left alone.
- Sapphire Flare Designer: Improved shadow behavior on rays that are more vertical than horizontal.
- Sapphire Preset Browser: Fixed the “Source Only” entry of the preview menu.
- Sapphire Effect Builder: Fixed a bug where Builder might fail to open if inputs were left unconnected in the host.
- If the Preset Browser is launched multiple times in rapid succession inside the Sapphire Effect Builder, selection may not work in the preset browser. If this happens close the Preset Browser and re-open it.
- Premiere: Point widgets may respond slowly in Premiere after a Mocha point track has been created.
- Mocha: The Mocha UI does not correctly locate the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire. To use the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire, use the OCIO environment variable to locate said the config file.