The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
For Fusion, please use the OFX version instead.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on Windows.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the Windows installer.
- Either run the installer program from its current location, or save it to disk and then execute it from wherever you saved it. Follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host application, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to Start -> All Programs -> GenArts Sapphire AE -> Online Help (HTML) or (PDF). You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older versions of Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v13. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v13 and want to go back to an earlier version you should first uninstall v13.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020.51
- Licensing: Improve subscription license handling.
- LensFlare: Shadow working correctly with the undo stack in the Sapphire Lens Flare Designer.
- Premiere on Windows: Improved behavior when Premiere fails to load the Sapphire plugins on the first attempt. The plugins may still fail to load when Premiere is first updated or Sapphire is first installed if there are many installed plugins. However, Premiere should correctly try to load the Sapphire plugins on subsequent runs.
- Effect Builder: Change Color node default to “Color Only”.
- Premiere: Fixed the shadow in Lens Flare to keep the correct aspect ratio on non-square pixel aspect ratios.
- If the Preset Browser is launched multiple times in rapid succession inside the Sapphire Effect Builder, selection may not work in the preset browser. If this happens close the Preset Browser and re-open it.
- Premiere: Point widgets may respond slowly in Premiere after a Mocha point track has been created.
- Mocha: The Mocha UI does not correctly locate the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire. To use the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire, use the OCIO environment variable to locate said the config file.