The installer below is for use with all AE compatible products including After Effects and Premiere Pro.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more AE plug-in compatible applications on a Mac with an Intel CPU and MacOS 10.12 or greater.
- If you have an older version of Sapphire Plug-ins, the new installation will replace it, and you do not need to un-install it first.
- Quit AE or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the installer.
- Run the installer. When it asks for your passphrase, enter your macOS user login password, and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the /Applications/GenArtsSapphireAE folder and double click on Online Help.html or Online Help.pdf. You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
In general, you can load projects saved with older Sapphire effects and they should automatically convert to use Sapphire v13. Please visit the support page for more info on this.
If you already installed Sapphire v13 and want to go back to an older version you should first uninstall v13.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What's New In Sapphire 2020.01
- S_FreeLens: Enlarged widgets for easier selection.
- ParallaxStrips: Fixed a crash with certain parameter values when running on the GPU.
- Windows: Fixed the cancel button in the “Plugin is starting the
- Miscellaneous improvements in the Sapphire Preset Browser.
- Sapphire Flare Designer: Favorites now update without restarting the Flare Designer.
- Mocha: Mocha now uses a default OCIO config file if the OCIO environment variable isn't set.
- Mocha: Reduced flickering when tracking on interlaced footage.
- Mocha on macOS: To close Mocha, press command-q shortcut key or select Quit from File menu.
- Licensing: Improved license activation and deactivation where licensing one machine would deactivate another on certain network configurations.
What’s New in Sapphire 2020
New Effect and Transitions
S_FreeLens- Brand new effect for Sapphire 2020, S_FreeLens emulates the look achieved by shooting with a lens detached from the camera body.
S_OCIOTransform- New for Sapphire 2020, OCIOTransform brings OpenColorIO support directly into the host.
In Sapphire 2020, Mocha point parameter tracking has been added to LensFlare, Rays, EdgeRays, Luna, Grunge, Spotlight, Aurora, Zap, MuzzleFlash, and FreeLens.
Performance improvements have been added to various effects including EdgeRays, WhipLash, and SwishPan.
Various performance improvements in the Preset Browser.
Compare Mode has been added to the Sapphire Preset Browser, Sapphire Flare Designer, and Sapphire Effect and Transition Builder.
OpenColorIO support has been added the Sapphire Preset Browser, Sapphire Flare Designer, and Sapphire Effect and Transition Builder.
Improved Mocha: Area brush for quick masking.
If the Preset Browser is launched multiple times in rapid succession inside the Sapphire Effect Builder, selection may not work in the preset browser. If this happens close the Preset Browser and re-open it.
Premiere: Point widgets may respond slowly in Premiere after a Mocha point track has been created.
Mocha: The command-q shortcut key doesn't immediately respond when trying to close Mocha. If the key is held down for 1-2 seconds, it will correctly close Mocha.
Mocha: The Mocha UI does not correctly locate the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire. To use the default OCIO config file shipped with Sapphire, use the OCIO environment variable to locate said the config file.