Install Instructions Windows
- Make sure you have one or more of the following Avid products on Windows:
|Media Composer||any version|
|Media Composer Meridien||v9 or greater|
|Xpress Pro||any version|
|Xpress DV||any version|
|Xpress||v2 or greater|
|Newscutter||v3 or greater|
- Quit your Avid software if it is running. If you have an older version of Sapphire v1 - v10 you do not need to un-install it. The new installation will just replace it without removing any existing serial number.
- Download and run the installer.
Either run the program from its current location, or save it to disk and then execute it from wherever you saved it. Follow the instructions given by the installer.
Sapphire v11 should load all old sequences saved with older Sapphire versions, including v1 - v10.
Sapphire 11 is an AVX2 plug-in. Avid has deprecated support for the old AVX1 interface, but AVX2 plug-ins can read old sequences saved with AVX1 plug-ins.
When you restart your Avid software, the new version v11 plug-ins should appear in the Effect Palette in the Sapphire categories.
For on-line help installed locally on your workstation, go to: Start -> Programs -> GenArts Sapphire AVX -> Online Help. A “Help” dialog is also provided when using a plug-in, which gives information about that plug-in currently being used.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 11.02 for Avid
- Sapphire has been updated to address the crash on Mac when multiple dongles are plugged in during boot. Please contact support using the support form if you experience this crash. When submitting your case, include your license, dongle ID, host product, Sapphire version, and your Apple crash log.
- LensFlare presets will now sort correctly by creation date.
- Fixed the link in version-update.
- Fixed scaling of complex widgets when downsampled.