Note: Before updating to v7.02 or later, please refer to the release notes for possible compatibility implications with the effect formerly known as Technicolor. See ‘What’s New’ below for details.
To Download and install:
- Make sure you have one or more of the following Autodesk products on Mac:
Smoke 2010 or greater | Flame 2016 or greater
- Quit Smoke or other host applications that may be running.
- Download the Mac installer.
- Run the installer. When it asks for your passphrase, enter your Mac user login password, and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Restart your host product, and the new plug-ins should appear in your effects menu.
To test out a Spark, select ‘Effects’ and then ‘Sparks’ and click on any Spark button while holding down the ‘Control’ and’Alt’ keys. You should find the plug-ins in /usr/discreet/sparks/sapphire_11. Select a Spark and the name should now appear on the button. Click again on the button to initialize the Spark. Select the source and destination clipsand the Spark interface window should be displayed.
To view on-line documentation after you install the software, go to the /Applications/GenArtsSapphireSparks11 folder and double click on Online Help.html or Online Help.pdf. You can also click on the “About” box while using any plug-in.
- Sapphire v9, v10 and v11 can all be on your system at the same time, and you can continue using v9 and v10 as usual even after installing v11. However, please be aware that the names of the sparks are the same in all of the versions, which can lead to some confusion, and sometimes the older version may continue to be used unintentionally.
- Setup files saved with Sapphire v9 and v10 will not load into v11, but we have provided an update_setups utility to automatically convert setup files from v9 and v10 to v11. For more information check the on-line doc after you install the software.
This software may use the Qt user interface framework. Qt is distributed under the terms of the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL), Version 2.1; see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html for more details. The source code for Qt is available here.
What’s New in Sapphire 11.01 for Autodesk
- Fixed a bug that changed the rendered output of several effects between v10 and v11.0 if the user provided a color mask. These effects are now compatible with v10’s output but the output will change relative to v11.0! To get the output from v11.0 back, apply S_Monochrome to the mask before passing it to the effect.
- All Glows
- All Sparkles
- GrainMask (all modes except Grain Remove Mask)
- GrainComp (all modes)
- All Glows
- Fixed update_setups. update_setups now upgrades all v10 effects in setup files (eg. batch, desktop files) to v11.
- VignetteMocha mode of S_Vignette now starts with an empty Mocha project. In this case VignetteMocha will use a circular mask until a Mocha Mask is set. This circular mask will not show up in the Mocha UI.
- S_Mocha now starts with an empty Mocha project which means the effect will generate a black screen when first applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Mocha UI to crop when the plugin is set to downsample.
- Mocha help link now points to Sapphire Mocha help instead of BCC Mocha help.
- Mocha now remembers the previous Open Project and Export Project locations.
- Mocha in Sapphire and Mocha in BCC now save preferences and settings separately.
- New Mocha projects now display one-based frame numbers to match the host. Existing projects will continue to display zero-based frame numbers to maintain backwards compatibility.
- Updated list of known issues (below).
- Minor preset improvements.