New 3.1 Versions ofmocha Pro
Improve Lens Distortion Workflow; Adds New Support for ASSIMILATE SCRATCH v7 and HitFilm 2 Ultimate
Imagineer Systems today announced it has launchedmocha v3.1
, with an improved lens distortion workflow that allow users to easily analyze, calibrate and remove camera lens distortion for advanced effects compositing tasks.mocha v3.1
also includes new support for RED (R3D) files, ASSIMILATE SCRATCH 7 and HitFilm 2 Ultimate.
What’s New in mocha AE v3.1
mocha AE v3.1
strengthens its toolset with a workflow for handling lens distorted footage and format support enhancements including:
Tutorial: mocha Lens for After Effects Plugin and the Lens Module
What’s New in mocha Pro v3.1
- A new Lens Module for analyzing and calibrating clips;
- Newmocha Lensplug-in for After Effects users, enabling artists to paste lens data directly to the After Effects timeline to distort or undistort layers.mocha Lensis a free plug-in and works with Adobe CS4-CS6.
- RED (R3D) file support;
- Ability to export color roto shapes to mocha shape for AE plug-in.
- 3D Camera Export to HitFilm 2 Ultimate from FXhome.watch the video
The development team at Imagineer has invested significant time and resources, working directly with customers, to enhance the mocha Pro workflow, and to ensure it integrates easily with the tools and platforms they use everyday. New features in mocha Pro v3.1 include:
mocha v3.1: Lens Calibration Clips and Using Grids
- Greatly improved Lens Module;
- Ability to import and use External Distortion Maps in allmocha Promodules;
- Ability to export rasterized Distortion Maps for Nuke, Fusion, Flame and more.
- Support for export to newmocha Lensplug-in for After Effects.
- 3D Camera export to HitFilm2 fromFXhome
- RED (R3D) file support
- Export colored roto shapes directly to Nuke and After Effects (or render externally)
- Seamlessly export Planar Tracking data to Assimilate SCRATCH v7watch video
With the newmocha Pro v3.1
Imagineer greatly improves the Lens Module with enhanced calibration performance and new import/export handling of Distortion Maps allowing for lens distortion exchange with industry popular VFX applications, including Nuke, After Effects, Flame and Fusion.
mocha Pro v3.1: lens calibration and export to Nuke
mocha v3.1: Export Color Shapes
Of significance inmocha Pro v3.1
is the new Planar Tracking data export capability for ASSIMILATE SCRATCH 7. With this new feature,mocha Pro now
offers new support and a process for SCRATCH users to import planar tracking data for transform, scale, rotation and corner pin perspective. With this new workflow, artists can handle the most difficult motion tracking shots for screen inserts, match moves, set extensions and image stabilization.
"Together, SCRATCH andmocha Pro
are the perfect combination for delivering highest quality, effects driven content. For years SCRATCH artists have asked for the ability to accessmocha's
powerful planar tracking data within SCRATCH. We are very pleased to be working with the team at ASSIMILATE to help deliver this useful new feature to the users,” said Ross Shain, chief marketing officer, Imagineer Systems.
SCRATCH 7 New Feature: Texture