by Jacob Dalton
Prize: HitFilm Ultimate
Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard from Pocket of Light Pictures on Vimeo.
by Brian Eckert
Prize: Rampant Design Bundle
The End Will Be Televised
Curry Quiche - The End Will Be Televised from Grit Street on Vimeo.
by Chris Webb
Prize: mocha AE v3A very special thanks to our partners at: Maxon, Mamoworld, Rampant Design and FXHOME.
In other news!
Halloween is over, but that doesn't mean spooky VFX are done for the year. To see what other Monsters are being made with mocha Pro
, check out the latest news from Hive FX and Imagineer Systems
. "Inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales and set in modern-day Portland, OR, Grimm is a wild, dark fantasy cop drama in which the main character battles an assortment of villains and creatures - that come to life with the help of the VFX mastery of the artists at Hive FX."
New Video Tutorial!
Imagineer Systems Product Manager Martin Brennand takes you though some of the daily #mochatips tips we've been posting to our Twitter
accounts. Stay connected!
Learn more about planar motion tracking, rotoscoping and visual effects!
(If you missed the previous tip bundle, go here: vimeo.com/76936973
Tips covered in this bundle:
10. Rather than track and roto with the same shape, it can be better to track a shape, then link a refined roto to the tracked layer.
11. Pan (X) and Zoom (Z) are your friends when doing roto. You can get in close and move around without having to close the shape.
12. If your layer is not moving when you paste transform data into After Effects, you may need to remove the Anchor Point keys.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Time4:00pm until 5:30pm in ESTGet Tickets
Duration: 1 hour
Where: online from any computer
Imagineer Systems is hosting another monthly webinar, this time it is a free online training session covering mocha AE
and mocha Pro
from Imagineer Systems.
Featuring Product Manager, Martin Brennand.
Replacing screens is one of the most common areas of visual effects, from simple phones to vast diagnostic monitors in spaceships. A screen however can be a deceptively tricky thing to track, with motion blur, lens distortion, obstructions, reflection and many other obstacles getting in the way.
In this live webinar, Martin Brennand will show how using tools and techniques in mocha AE
and mocha Pro
can help resolve a large number of screen tracking problems.
One lucky attendee will win a node locked license of mocha Pro. A $1495 value!
- Tracking screens with obstructions
- Dealing with reflections
- Adjusting a track when you can’t see everything
- Exporting data vs Rendering Inserts
- Removing and applying Lens distortion
Note: Webinar will be presented in passive mode. No audio input is required. We will be taking questions via live text message board and will try to answer all questions throughout
That Post Show!
This week, I will be joining in on That Post Show
to answer questions about Imagineer Systems, mocha
, and planar tracking. Tune into That Post Show later this week to hear the episode.
Hit Film 2 Ultimate!
Hit Film 2 Ultimate
shipped yesterday from our partners at FxHome. HitFilm on Mac OSX! If you have never seen this powerful and super affordable VFX software, it is worth checking out. This nifty software ships with mocha HitFilm
- 3D camera solver based on planar tracking. "HitFilm 2 Ultimate's huge visual effects library ranges from cutting edge particle effects to procedural fire, 3D muzzle flashes and color grading."