The BCC Glow Matte ﬁlter is similar to the BCC Colorize Glow ﬁlter, except that it outputs an alpha channel instead of colors. This ﬁlter is useful for making semi-abstract mattes based on a glow of any channel in the original image.
The Filter allows users to select the channel in the source image from which the glow is derived. Pixels with higher values in the selected channel are considered to have higher intensities.
- Luma, Red, Green, and Blue use the corresponding color channel and multiply it by the source alpha channel.
- Luma Inverse uses the inverted luma channel.
- Unmultiplied Luma and Alpha use the unmodiﬁed corresponding source channels.
- Luma Cartoon Edges and Alpha Cartoon Edges ﬁnd edges in the corresponding source channel, apply outlines to the edges, and use the resulting image. When Luma Cartoon Edges or Alpha Cartoon Edges is selected, all the Source Edges parameters apply.
- Luma Edges and Alpha Edges ﬁnd edges in the corresponding source channel and use the resulting image. When Luma Edges or Alpha Edges is selected, all the Source Edges parameters apply.
The built in PixelChooser, with integrated mocha planar tracking allows for greater control over which areas of the image the ﬁlter should affect.
To learn more about this filter, and see a breakdown of the various controls, please click here.