Boris Continuum Complete AVX 9.0.5 was released on 8/13/2015 and is an update to:
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 9.0.2a ( BCC AVX 9.0.2a Release Notes )
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 9.0.2 ( BCC AVX 9.0.2 Release Notes )
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 9.0.1 ( BCC AVX 9.0.1 Release Notes )
- Boris Continuum Complete AVX 9.0.0 ( BCC AVX 9.0.0 Release Notes )
Feature Enhancements in BCC AVX 9.0.5:
- Chroma Key Studio enhancements
- Performance improvements
- New "Color from Cleaned Alpha" option enables an alternate color processing approach for edge regions. This can reduce harsh colors that sometimes appear when Matte Cleanup or Matte Choker tools are used to expand the matte.
- Drop Shadow parameters have extended ranges to allow more flexibility in results.
Bug Fixes In BCC AVX 9.0.5:
- Optical Stabilizer fails to analyze properly in green 10bit mode.
- MacOS 10.10.3 and higher - unable to select text characters in the text management page in Extruded Text or Type On Text.
- Mac - in effect editor mode (i.e. with Overlay widgets enabled) small squares appear in the composer window offset from the point pickers to which they belong.
- 3D Objects filters - instability when using the Smooth Edges option in 16bit.
- FX Browser stability.
- Black or garbage colors in the FX Browser when launched in green 10bit mode.
- Memory leak in the FX Browser when previews were composited over a background layer as opposed to over a checkboard or over black
- Fast Film Process stability on newer drivers.
- Pan and Zoom stability on Mac when opening a project with a missing external file link that points to a network folder.
- Motion Tracker stability when scrubbing the Tracker Time Offset.
- Extruded Text and Type on Text stability on Mac when when using certain fonts with modifiers like Bold or Italic if the OS is set to a language other than English.
- Mac installer - email field did not support long email addresses.
- Invert - Mix with Original slider not working in float projects.
- Chroma Key Studio - color pickers were incorrectly disabled when the Chroma Key group was turned off which made it awkward to resample the original screen color.
- Chroma Key Studio - When ALL parameter groups were disabled it rendered black or random frame data.
- Motion Tracker parameters and sometimes Motion Tracker analysis could be inadvertently reset after loading a filter preset.
- 3D Objects filters - rendered BCC messages now give more accurate guidance when applying to 4k or higher rez footage concerning how to properly configure the 4k BCC Preferences options.
- 3D Objects filters - rendered BCC messages about 4k options now reliably appear even in low rez previews to avoid messages appearing by surprise during final full rez renders.
- Mac main menu bar had incorrect entries when the BCC Preferences or Licensing window were open.
- Some transitions (including most of the Wipes) showed only static frames for the incoming clip when previewing inside the FX Browser.
- Fix failure to properly save BCC Preferences settings on Windows when closing and reopening Media Composer.
What's New in BCC AVX 9 (Recap of major changes since BCC 8):
- FX Browser™ - our best-in-class new graphical preset browser. Preview your preset library over moving host video, not just static frames, with two different workflows. The Integrated FX Browser™ is available inside every effect and allows intuitive preview of all presets for that effect. The Standalone FX Browser™ is applied as a separate standalone effect and allows browsing presets from EVERY effect in the full BCC library.
- 10 new effects and 25 new transitions for a total of 35 new filters:
|2-Strip Color||Fast Film Process||Magic Sharp|
|Chroma Key Studio||Grunge||Pan & Zoom - now 3D|
|Edge Grunge||Laser Beam||Vignette|
|Fast Film Glow||Lens Correction|
|Blobs Wipe||Lens Distortion Wipe||Ripple Dissolve|
|Blur Dissolve||Lens Flare Dissolve||Tile Wipe|
|Checker Wipe||Lens Flare Round||Tritone Dissolve|
|Composite Dissolve||Lens Flare Spiked||Twister|
|Damaged TV Dissolve||Lens Flash||Vector Blur Dissolve|
|Fast Film Glow Dissolve||Light Wipe||Vignette Wipe|
|Film Glow Dissolve||Rays Dissolve||Water Waves Dissolve|
|Flutter Cut||Ribbon Wipe|
|Grid Wipe||Rings Wipe|
- Pan and Zoom enhancements:
- 3D moves
- Improved action/title safe guides
- Animation Tuning heads up display overlays in all transitions for intuitive tweaking of transition timing directly in your Composition/Preview pane.
- 16 bit rendering (and internal float rendering pipeline) for effects in the 3D Objects category.
- Hardware antialiasing for enhanced edge quality in the 3D Objects category.
- 3D Objects filters now support preserving intermediate alpha channels in multi-effect stacks.
- Improved Motion Tracker External Data Import workflows (including Mocha data).
- Safe Levels workflow preferences.
- Improved default settings for Film Glow and Fast Film Glow.
- New HTML-based help system offering richer and more dynamic learning guides.
- GPU acceleration of important filters such as Film Glow and Film Process.
- Major performance improvements in some OpenGL filters such as Damanged TV, Scanlines, and Glint.
- New Gradient feature in many BCC Wipe transitions.
- Integrated Beat Reactor added to Stage Light.
- Composite On Source and Gamma Adjustment added to Stage Light.
- Built in Motion Blur added to Corner Pin.
- Tracker Time Offset added to Corner Pin.
- Colored Background option added to Swish Pan.
- Brightness Peak and Control Peak added to Lens Transition.
- New presets added across a wide range of effects.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Numerous resources are available for helping you get the most out of Boris Continuum Complete.
- Help documents for individual BCC effects are accessible directly from each plug-in’s UI. The entire BCC Help Documention library is also available on the BorisFX website, including access to a downloadable version for browsing offline BCC Help Documentation.
- BorisTV video tutorials cover a huge range of topics from introductions to the Fundamentals, to deep training Webinar Replays, to in-depth looks at key effects and techniques.
BCC AVX 9 supports the following Avid host applications:
- Avid Media Composer 6, 6.5, 7, and 8 running Macintosh OS™ X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10.
- Avid Symphony 6, 6.5, 7, and 8 running Macintosh OS™ X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10.
- Avid Media Composer Media Composer 6, 6.5, 7, and 8 running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) or Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit).
- Avid Symphony 6, 6.5, 7, and 8 running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) or Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit).
- Avid NewsCutter 10, 10.5, 11, and 12 running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) or Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit).
BCC AVX 9.x Compatibility Notes :
While in general your previously saved projects should render identically in the newer version, bug fixes and quality improvements can sometimes change the look of older projects. While every effort is made to ensure project compatibility, the following notable areas may see some change to the look of previously saved projects.
- In all wipe-style transitions which contain Border options, the opacity of the border elements fades automatically at the start/end of transitions (except in manual mode) to fix potential jumps in the renders at the start and end of the transitions when border offsets were non-zero.
- The largely unnecessary Hold In / Hold Out parameters were removed from the Animation Tuning group in all transitions which could cause changes in the transition timing in the unlikely event these parameters had been changed from their defaults.
- As part of the major performance optimizations implemented in Damaged TV for BCC9, some details such as the randomization patterns can render differently although the overall feel of the effect should remain the same.
- BCC9 fixes a bug introduced in BCC8.2 that affected the perceived rate of progress of the underlying dissolve in BCC Lens Transition. Projects saved in BCC8.2 maybe appear to render somewhat differently now that the dissolve rate has been fixed.
- BCC9 fixes a gamma shift in some externally loaded images on Mac systems (such as those loaded by Pan and Zoom, or the particle files in Particle Emitter 3D, Organics Strands, or Particle Array) which caused the images to appear slightly too dark as compared to the same image when imported on Windows. These images now render identically on Mac and Windows but Mac projects saved with these filters prior to BCC9 may display slight brightness boosts in such images.
- The Pixel Chooser and Motion Tracker were removed from Swish Pan since they did not make sense in the context of a transition. In the unlikely event that these controls were used in previously saved projects, the pixel chooser and motion tracker settings would be ignored in new renders.
BCC AVX 9.0.5 - Known Issues and Limitations :
- 28732 - BCC Extruded Text and BCC Type On Text use a custom text entry window and some of the changes that can be made through in this window are not reflected in the preview within the text window on Mac OS (although they will be apparent in the effect when previewed/rendered back in the host). The following text attributes do not preview within the text window:
- Justification (when Word Wrap is not enabled)
- Top Down Text
- Right to Left Reading
- Negative Line Leading
- Italics (for fonts that don't include an italic typeface)
- Superscript and Subscript
- 26068 - In BCC Particle Emitter 3D, changing the Blend Mode in the Spawn group can unexpectedly affect the main particle compositing.
- 27591 - As part of the new Motion Tracker workflow, if you change the tracker search width, target width, color space, or accuracy after an initial tracking pass, you must now reset the tracker data with the reset button in the tracker banner before starting a second tracker pass. (This extra step is not necessary if the tracker point picker location has changed.)
- 25867 - In BCC Type On Text the Line Leading in the text entry preview window does not accurately match up with the leading in the rendered result, and the leading may need to be adjusted to generate the desired final render.
- 27313 - The Beat Reactor propagation options generate unexpected results in Organic Strands. Use non-propagation modes which work as expected as a temporary workaround.
- 27736 - When using a host image layer as the particle type in Particle Emitter 3D, the particles can appear squished/stretched in projects with non-square pixel aspect ratios.
- 26750 - The Beat Reactor audio graph becomes less accurate as the Frequency Resolution is increased to high values. Use lower values near the default setting of 32 as a workaround.
- 26845 - BCC LED shows occasional mis-colored dots on Quadro FX 3500 cards.
- 25671 - When stacking multiple effects on a track and then rearranging the order of those effects, parameter errors may occur such as button parameters functioning as simple checkboxes instead of true buttons. We are working with Avid to resolve this issue.
- 27292 - Effect stacks will occasionally display an error stating "Connect failed to connect" when preview at less than full resolution. This error does not affect final render and can be worked around by switching to full green/green preview resolution. We are working with Avid to resolve this issue.
- 29533 - The apply modes Boost Expo 1, 2, and 50/50 mix do not give the expected result in Grunge.
- 29777 - In Grunge the Edge Offset control in the Chromatic Aberration group is not working as designed.
- 30613 - Flicker Fixer - When using the Key/Mask controls the intensity of the flicker correction is only half as strong as it should be, even in regions that should be fully corrected.
- 30351 - Pan and Zoom - Preview Mode rectangle widgets don’t match the final result exactly when using 3D Mode with non-square PAR comps. Settings which tend to produce more exaggerated 3D perspective will increase the relative amount of difference between the preview widget and the final result.
- 30395 - Combining 3D Objects filters with other OpenGL accelerated BCC filters such as Lens Flare 3D or Grunge can occasionally cause render errors or instability due to lack of hardware resources depending on host resource use, graphics card capabilities, and BCC 4K preference settings.
- 30632 - Some OpenGL accelerated filters such as Lens Flare 3D will always render as if Safe Levels is enabled even when Safe Levels is turned off.
- 30638 - Lens Flare 3D - enabling the Geometrics in Pre-Apply mode causes the image to be squished horizontally when in Green/Green mode or in final render.
- 30653 - Mac only - 3D Objects filters can show an unexpected brightness shift in 16bit when using the Trasforms->Opacity control to reduce the object opacity on Mac. As a temporary workaround you can use the Effect Layer Opacity control in the General Controls group instead of the Opacity control in the Transforms group to achieve a similar result.
- 30959 - The integrated Beat Reactor params in some filters may default to incorrect values if a BCC preset is loaded prior to enabling the Beat Reactor.
- 30546 + 30571 + 30572 - Fast Film Process may render slower than expected on newer graphics drivers.