120 designer effects and transitions for Adobe CS5 and 64-bit operating systems
Marlborough MA - May 25, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Final Effects Complete 6 AE (FEC 6 AE). FEC 6 AE brings 120 designer effects and transitions to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5, CS4, and CS3. The new release features 12 new filters and transitions, faster rendering, audio-driven keyframe generation, customizable animated presets, and a new Compare Mode feature that enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. Each Final Effects Complete filter has been re-engineered for 64-bit operating systems.
"Final Effects Complete 6 AE brings the legendary FEC visual effects package to Adobe CS5 and 64-bit operating systems," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "Packed with 12 new filters and unique workflow tools ported from Boris Continuum Complete, this upgrade is a must-have for any Final Effects Complete user."
Final Effects Complete 6 AE New Feature Highlights
- Adobe CS5 Support. Final Effects Complete 6 AE supports CS5, CS4, and CS3 under 64-bit and 32-bit Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- Compare Mode . Added to many FEC 6 AE filters, Compare Mode enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the composite window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, Compare Mode offers the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
- Beat Reactor Technology . Beat Reactor lets users sample specific bands of audio from a clip and use the sampled audio levels to drive FEC effect parameters. This new technology makes it easier to generate audio-driven effects such as adding a pulsing light, a glow, or even an image wipe that follows along with the beat of an audio track.
- Customizable Animated Presets . This unique feature lets users save and re-use every parameter animation in every FEC 6 AE filter - even across host applications and platforms. The animated presets are saved in industry-standard XML format so that they can be viewed and edited by any XML-compliant text editor.
- Additional On-Screen Widgets . Many FEC AE filters now include on-screen widgets that allow users to make precise parameter adjustments while keeping their eyes focused on the source image.
- 12 All-New Filters and Transitions include new designer and organic effects.
- Significant Performance Gains . Every FEC 6 AE filter has been optimized for improved rendering speed on modern computing platforms.
Pricing and Availability
Final Effects Complete 6 AE will be available in Q3 2010 for an MSRP of $895 USD. Owners of previous versions of Final Effects Complete AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $199 USD. Customers who purchase Final Effects Complete 5 AE as of May 18, 2010 will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to Final Effects Complete 6 AE.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.