Now Available for the Avid™ Product Family for the First-Time
Boston, MA, USA - September 4, 2014 - Boris Continuum Complete 9 (BCC) Units are now available from Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film. The sixteen Units include new filters, features, and speed improvements from the recently updated flagship product, Boris Continuum Complete.
The updated BCC Units are currently supported in Adobe and Sony applications, and available for the first-time in Avid NLEs.
" The ability to purchase individual units from a larger plug-in set is unique to Boris Continuum Complete ," notes Boris Yamnitsky, Boris FX Founder and CEO. " It allows us to offer critical features to our customers at a much lower price point ."
" The new BCC AVX Units are a welcome option for Avid users, drastically reducing the entry price for those seeking to enhance their VFX options in Avid systems ," says David Colantuoni, Sr. Director of Product Management for Creative Apps and Storage.
Support for Apple, Blackmagic Resolve, Assimilate Scratch, and The Foundry Nuke will be added later this quarter.
New Feature Highlights:
- FX Browser™ - All BCC Units include the new integrated FX Browser™ window for quick preset browsing and effect selection.
- BCC Film Unit - Adds BCC Vignette , which mimics the soft feel of a camera lens projected on screen with added luminosity and defocus controls; and BCC 2-Strip Color to recreate the highly saturated retro Technicolor look of Hollywood's early films.
- BCC Image Restoration Unit - Adds BCC Magic Sharp , which restores perfect contrast and makes blurry footage look its best; and BCC Lens Correction , which is specially designed to remove fish-eye distortion from wide lens cameras like the GoPro.
- BCC Keying And Composite Unit - Adds BCC Chromakey Studio , which combines Boris FX's award-winning Chroma Key process into one new convenient filter that provides users with every pre/post green screen composite tool needed
- BCC Lights Unit - Adds BCC Laser Beam to create beams of light or strobing backgrounds and includes a smoke/fog parameter that reacts to the beam as it is animated through 3D space. The filter uses AE's built-in 3D lights and cameras in Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid use built-in 3D lights and cameras created by Boris FX.
- BCC Perspective Unit - Adds BCC Pan And Zoom filter can now rotate images in 3D and offer cropping and other adjustment options.
- BCC Stylize Unit - Adds BCC Grunge , packed with realistic-looking synthetic materials and textures with unlimited creative control over dirt, dust, bumpiness and scratches; and BCC Edge Grunge , which gives standard text or logos etched look of real objects.
- BCC Transitions Unit - Adds 20+ new transitions. The new transitions are:
|Blobs Wipe||Lens Distortion Wipe||Rings Wipe|
|Blur Dissolve||Lens Flare Dissolve||Ripple Dissolve|
|Checker Wipe||Lens Flare Round||Tile Wipe|
|Composite Dissolve||Lens Flare Spiked||Tritone Dissolve|
|Damaged TV Dissolve||Lens Flash||Twister|
|Film Glow Dissolve||Light Wipe||Vector Blur Dissolve|
|Flutter Cut||Rays Dissolve||Vignette Wipe|
|Grid Wipe||Ribbon Wipe||Water Waves Dissolve|
Pricing and Availability:
BCC 9 Units are available for $199 to $299 (MSRP USD). Owners of previous versions of BCC Units may upgrade for $49.95 (MSRP USD). Customers who wish to upgrade to Boris Continuum Complete 9 are given full credit towards any unit already purchased.
Units and pricing as are follows:
|BCC 3D Objects - $299||BCC Match Move - $199|
|BCC Art Looks - $199||BCC Particles - $299|
|BCC Blur & Sharpen - $199||BCC Perspective - $199|
|BCC Color & Tone - $299||BCC Stylize - $199|
|BCC Film Style - $299||BCC Textures - $199|
|BCC Image Restoration - $299||BCC Time - $199|
|BCC Key & Blend - $299||BCC Transitions - $299|
|BCC Lights - $299||BCC Warp - $199|
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.
Avid is a registered trademark of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.